Dreaming of a destination wedding in Greece? Of course you are. As a wedding locale, Greece has everything you could ever want: sandy beaches, ancient vineyards, incredible food, and picturesque views for days. Here are 16 wedding venues in Greece I’d point you to if you were my wedding planning client.
The Greek Islands
Greece has more than 200 habitable islands, each with stunning beaches, fresh fish, and seaside views that will impress even the pickiest mothers-in-law. But, if you want my advice, stick to these top six.
- To all the art lovers, you’ve gotta stay at Ekaterini Estate. This 8-bedroom mansion was restored by an art historian, critic, and collector, and it shows in the design.
- Danilia Village brings a Hollywood-level production value to your wedding. It’s a replica of a 1930s village complete with church, cafe, taverns and two village squares perfect for making movie magic out of your wedding.
- If you’d rather stay in the real deal, The Courti Estate was built in 1723 and has been meticulously restored to meet strict historical architectural guidelines.
- Agreco Farm is a foodie’s paradise; their home-grown, organic food has made international headlines.
- If a luxury resort is more your vibe, stay and get married at Amirandes surrounded by palm trees and private beaches.
- Or, if you’re into sunshine without the sand, the hillside and sea views from the five zillion pools at the Domes of Elounda are next-level.
- The sunset bar at the secluded Ios Club brings hardcore artistic charm. Its sweeping views and a jaw-dropping look at the Aegean are the perfect backdrop for swapping “I dos.”
- Think of a Greek beach wedding, and you’re probably picturing Mykonos. A wedding at Mykonos Blu, however, brings that beauty to the next level with its modern, minimalist design and luxurious resort amenities.
- I’m not sure what I love about the seaside restaurant Ktima Lindos more — the boat-to-table cuisine, heart-stopping views of the bay, or the make-yourself-at-home vibes from the family that owns it.
- If you’ve ever dined at a Nobu restaurant, you know why it has a cult following. Nobu Hotel Santorini extends that level of excellence to every part of the guest experience, from the food to the accommodations, and even the fitness center.
Southern Greece is a major wine region, and has the two-for-one benefits of the sea and the mountains. This is definitely the place for my wine lovers to get hitched!
- Dexamenes is actually a beachfront winery-turned-luxury-hotel nearby to several active wineries.
- Amanzoe also offers a best-of-both-worlds vibe, being nestled among olive groves, the Aegean Sea, and classic Greek architecture that’ll make you swoon.
- If gardens are your thing, you’ll love the views and abundance of citrus trees and grapevines at Hatzi Mansion. The estate’s history is incredible, too.
- Pyros Melissourgou is another historic private estate, but this one has a 350-year-old tower and museum.
- Pyrgos Petreza is my dream venue for a true Greek winery wedding, with a vineyard and impressive tasting room on site.
- Still looking for a beach wedding on the mainland? You’ll love Island Art & Taste, with its waterfront dining terraces, six entertaining spaces, and adorable chapel next to the herb garden.
Ready to Jet Set to Greece?
Inspired by these incredible Greece wedding locations but overwhelmed with the idea of planning a destination wedding? Let the pros help. XO Moreau has experience planning Greek destination weddings, and our bags are already packed in prep for creating your own personal big, fat Greek wedding. Inquire here.